Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brent Brent is offline

Default Tools you didn't know you needed

On Dec 11, 2:37 pm, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 02:20:34 -0800 (PST), Brent

wrote:
On Dec 10, 7:49 pm, Paul wrote:
A guy at work sent me a link to a neat magnetic tool for fishing wires
in walls and even under carpet, don't remember the brand name. I'll try
to remember to forward the link from my work PC and post it here.

Paul

It's a Linux world....well, it oughta be.

That sounds like my greenlee FISH STIX.

they are in the cable fishing family of tools but unlike a fish tape
you can PUSH it over and through open areas.

Basically its 4' lengths of fishing rod with threaded ends and a hook
or basket at the end that will easily let you push a cable out up to
24'

they save HOURS working up in drop ceilings

I always want to try using an RC 4x4 pulling a fish line on
a drop ceiling. Now that the prices are affordable for such
toys I don't do stuff like that anymore.

I used to just grab a 9 foot low band antenna whip off the
van and tie onto the end. Reach as far as a could with that
and note which ceiling tile to pop up next. I didn't run
stuff everyday or I would have made a better pole type
system like you described.

Still think that would be a good RC application and maybe
make the job a bit more fun

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Leon youre a genius =) the thought of usng an RC vehicle never
crossed my mind but its SOOOOOO elegant and simple

And it means i get to buy a fun toy when its not work time