Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
* * is offline

Default Urine Test

Millwright Ron wrote in article
Like a lot of folks in this country... I have
a job. I work, they pay me.I pay my taxes, and the government
distributes my taxes as it sees fit.
In order to get that paycheck, I am required
to pass a random urine test, with which I have no
problem.
What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes
to people who don't have to pass a urine test.
Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare
check,
Because I have to pass one to earn it for them?
Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get
back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with
helping someone sitting on their butt and using drugs.
Could you imagine how much money the state
would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a
public assistance check?

Millwright Ron

Yet more union B.S.

Imagine how much money could be saved if nobody except legitimately
suspected drug users had to participate in drug screening.

Nobody should need to pass a urine test for a job that doesn't involve the
safety of the public.

The Constitution guarantees "presumption of innocence." Pre-employment drug
testing is a presumption of guilt, forcing one to prove his innocence by
taking that drug screening.

OTOH, if the crapola unions would stop fighting to retain jobs for drug
users, allow random drug tests for reasonable cause for suspected drug
users, companies would be able to fire people on the spot for drug use, and
the alleged drug problem in the workplace would be solved.

One strike and you're out works fine for me when it comes to drug use in
the workplace.