Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] tom.harrigan@gmail.com is offline

Default Solar Heating?

On 11 Dec, 15:47, David Hansen
wrote:
On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 02:04:30 -0800 (PST) someone who may be
wrote this:-

I think you are being a bit generous with your payback times.

I'm not particularly bothered with such crude figures. If we used
simple payback periods very few new things would be built.

However, I have been just bothered enough to calculate such things,
in order to rebut the assertions of the antis. I don't think I am
being generous.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

As you can't be bothered to share your method with us, I will just
have to assume you are making it up. I'm not an anti - in fact I'm
going to install solar thermal. I won't however buy the system from
anyone who claims I can get more than a MWh from a 2.5m2 panel, for
they would be a bullsh*ter. I also won't be buying from Navitron as
their roof mounts are rubbish. I'll be getting a professional install
with top quality kit - it money was an issue I wouldn't be doing it
anyway would I?