Posted to uk.d-i-y
diy-newby diy-newby is offline

Default 1/2 inch silicone bead too big?

wrote in message
I've recently tiled my bathroom and left a 1/2 inch gap between the
tiles and the bath. This seems a bit wide to seal with a bead of
silicon. The install notes that came with the bath recommend a 1/4
inch gap max.. And filling the bath with water will increase the gap
even more.
What are the best options for sealing tround the bath?

* Cut a big bead width on the tube and go for it.
* Apply the silicone in several layers, over a few days.
* Use some sort of sealing strip.
* Pack or fill the cavity (what with?) to reduce the gap.

Advice welcomed.

Thanks
Mike

If the instructions said leave a 1/4 inch gap MAX, why did you leave 1/2
inch gap?