Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Randy Randy is offline

Default What Size Phase Converter do I need?

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:22:56 -0800, RainLover
wrote:

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 13:51:56 -0500, Randy wrote:

On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 16:26:27 -0800, RainLover
wrote:

Hey guys,

I was looking at getting a KILN that requires 220 3-phase (31amps) to
run. Does anyone know what HP rotary phase converter I'd need to run
it?

Thanks!

James (seattle)

www.jameskelseystudios.com

I got a note back from Skutt tech support, it'll cost around $400 in
parts (plus labor if I don't do it myself) to get it to run on 240v.

Now I just have to decide if I can afford the kiln plus that...

Thanks for all the advice.

It's true, I have been GONE for a while, not that I was ever a huge
poster here. Life's been good and bad... got divorced, sold a
sculpture to the City of Issaquah (washington), got skin cancer, had
the chance to go to Africa (and TIMBUKTU) on someone else's dime...

Now I just need to sell a sh*tload of ART to pay off the divorce loan
I got... it let me keep my shop!!! (but I have 1 1/2 years to pay it
back or I have to sell it all.)

What's that you say? too much information?? hehe

Happy winter everyone!

James, Port Orchard, Washington, USA, Earth

www.jameskelseystudios.com

What parts? did they give you a list?

From what RoyJ and I see you need to move two wires, or use it as is.

Thank You,