Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley Andy Dingley is offline

Default Who can recommend a low-cost industrial endoscope for motorvehicle work?

On 8 Dec, 17:22, MM wrote:
The lowest price I've seen is around £250,

Mil surplus. There's a lot around. try Anchor Surplus in Nottingham.
Short and rigid are cheap, and they'll still let you look through a
tiny hole. Flexible fibre optic bundles for illumination are cheap.
Fibre bundles that allow imaging are still expensive and only really
useful for surgery.

White LED torches make great replacements for the original light
source, and they're portable too.

My usual endoscope is 12" long, 4mm wide, sideways looking and cost
£20. I had to vacuum dry it for a while to get the condensation off
the mirror before it gave a good image.