Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike P Mike P is offline

Default Electrical wiring .. (dare I ask )

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 13:32:43 +0000, Stuart B wrote:

... On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 13:21:25 +0000, Mike P mike@askme wrote:
... I am attaching a spuron the plugs circuit to add a double plug. This
... spur will run ..tv..sky box and DVD player.
... Does the spur wire have to be the same "type" as the the triple earth
... wire on the circuit ?
... Mike P
... Are you sure you should be adding a spur when you are asking such a
... question?
... The wire you refer to ( It is actually called cable ) is not "triple
... earth" .It is " twin and earth" ,a live and neutral conductor and a
... bare earth conductor which should be sleeved in earth sleeving at the
... connections . The cable will be 2.5mm size so use this size cable for
... the spur .
... Have a read here
... http://www.diynot.com/pages/el/el012.php#a0
... Stuart

Thanks ... terminology is a problem for us all.
I do sleeve all the earth wires I come across. This is an old house
where bare earths are the norm.

Mike P