Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart B[_3_] Stuart B[_3_] is offline

Default Electrical wiring .. (dare I ask )

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 13:21:25 +0000, Mike P mike@askme wrote:

I am attaching a spuron the plugs circuit to add a double plug. This
spur will run ..tv..sky box and DVD player.
Does the spur wire have to be the same "type" as the the triple earth
wire on the circuit ?

Mike P

Are you sure you should be adding a spur when you are asking such a
question?
The wire you refer to ( It is actually called cable ) is not "triple
earth" .It is " twin and earth" ,a live and neutral conductor and a
bare earth conductor which should be sleeved in earth sleeving at the
connections . The cable will be 2.5mm size so use this size cable for
the spur .
Have a read here

http://www.diynot.com/pages/el/el012.php#a0
Stuart