Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] tom.harrigan@gmail.com is offline

Default Solar Heating?

On 9 Dec, 11:59, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Peter Parry" wrote in message

snip stuff

If you are heating your water by mains gas a single panel will save
you about £40 per year.

Ours has saved us far more than that. Far more.

And it;'s not just the little woman who enthuses about our system, I didn't
even make the initial decision.

Your assumptive dismissals discredit everything else you say - although some
of it might be true it's hard to pick out the good bits.

It is not physically possible for a 2.5m2 panel to save you more than
40pounds compared to gas. Solartwin only claim 1MWh, and if you read
the technical Q+A on their website they suggest only 25pounds per
annum payback.

So, I think you are fooling yourself if you believe yours "has saved
far more than [40 quid per year]"