Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] tom.harrigan@gmail.com is offline

Default Solar Heating?

On 10 Dec, 12:44, David Hansen
wrote:
On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 13:24:28 +0000 (GMT) someone who may be "Dave
Liquorice" wrote this:-

It's probably worth investigating if the total installed price is under
£1000, but I better the data logger option cost more than that.

Look at the (retail) price list on the Navitron site. DL1 data logger
£150... Though I don't know how many "extras" are required.

Right at the start of their price list are three kitshttp://www.navitron.org.uk/pricelist.htmwhich are fairly complete.

The only thing missing from these kits is pipework (10mm microbore
is ideal) which depends on location, a few fittings for this pipe
and a few bits of electrical equipment (possibly extra cable and an
isolator). One may also need some more insulation for longer pipe
runs.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

I don't think they recommend microbore because of the heat losses.
Also, you have to get the right sort of insulation as the pipes can
get quite hot.