Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Beginner's Choice of Digital Camera

In article ,
Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:

On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 08:52:54 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

I'll second the crappy lens issue. There's more to quality than
megapixels. And I'll second the shake issue, too. People are always
amazed by the quality of the pictures I get from my 2 megapixel
point-and-shoot Fuji. Here's my secret formula: I *always* use a tripod

Check.

and the self-timer,

Check.

and *never* use the flash.

Has it got 'auto' setting? Do you use it?
If not, what settings do you use.

It has an auto flash setting, but I get *much* better pictures without
the flash. So, I use the "flash off" setting. Keeps the shutter open
longer of course -- all the more reason for the tripod and self-timer.

(It also helps to think
about basic photographic concepts like camera angle!)

and lighting/glare/etc.

Thx,
Peetie