Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

On Dec 10, 9:27 am, BobK207 wrote:
On Dec 10, 8:42 am, Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article ,

"SteveB" wrote:
Both gun ownership and these kinds of incidents are rare enough,
that anyone telling you anything either way on the intersection is
blowing smoke.

You don't get out a lot, watch news, or read the papers do you? Although
only the MAJOR incidents are reported on the national news, there are lots
of random senseless shootings in Small Town USA every day. We moved from
Las Vegas to rural Utah. We thought we'd be away from the crime. There are
still violent crimes in Small Town, USA, and our major feed from Salt Lake
has killings and drive bys EVERY DAY. Mostly by someone named Lopez. or
Martinez or .............

And how many of these are the random types that we are currently
discussing? Most of the ones you are talking about are not some yahoo
going into the mall and opening up. They are either gang (or criminal)
related or Hubbie getting ****ed at the wife (or boyfriend) and pulling
the trigger. Heck most of the gang related stuff would be a better
indication, since both sides tend to be well armed.
These kinds of incidents, where someone goes into a mall or school
and starts opening up are still too rare to make any calls about how
guns (or lack thereof) would have made a difference. Ain't ideology,
just statistics.

Kurt-

I do agree with you about the "thinness" of the stats associated with
school / mall shootings & therefore the difficulty of making any
conclusions based on them.

but I've yet to see a nutcase intent on killing people got to a police
station, firing range or gun show & start shooting.

They seem to go to an area frequented by large numbers of unarmed
people.

They maybe crazy / unhinged but they're not infinitely stupid.

Personally I believe I'm safer where my fellow citizens are armed
rather than at a signed & declared "gun free" zone. (aka victim rich
zones)

Predators prefer the weak & vunerable.

cheers
Bob- Hide quoted text -

Try Moscow, Id last spring sometime. Middle of night and full auto
fire into the local police station. IIRC it ended with shooter plus 3
others dead. All the dead were outside the station though.

Harry K