Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Dobony Mike Dobony is offline

Default who invented the trinity?

"small giant" wrote in message
The three monotheistic religions - Judaism, Christianity, and Islam -
all purport to share one fundamental concept: belief in God as the
Supreme Being, the Creator and Sustainer of the Universe. Known as
tawhid in Islam, this concept of the Oneness of God was stressed by
Moses in a Biblical passage known as the "Shema" or the Jewish creed
of faith: "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord." (Deuteronomy
6:4)

Check your Hebrew. The proper translation for God in the Old Testiment
except for the book of Job is ALWAYS plural. The word for "one" is also
better translated as "unity" rather than singular. Therefore the more
appropriate translation for this verse is "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our
Gods He is unity.

It was repeated word-for-word approximately 1500 years later by Jesus
when he said: "...The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O
Israel; the Lord our God is one Lord." (Mark 12:29)

Again repeated in the plural and unity, not singular. Study your Greek and
Hebrew.