Doug Weller

Default Copper Casting In America (Trevelyan)

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 16:53:26 -0400, Yuri Kuchinsky wrote:

Gary Coffman wrote:

[snip]

Casting dumb, smithing smart.

But casting and/or smithing (depending on the materials at
hand) is more smart than just smithing.

Yuri has me killfiled so may not see this, but I am fed up with his going
on about 'smart' and 'dumbing down'. It takes more than intelligence to
develop technologies, and the lack of a technology does not mean that a
group of people are 'dumb'. To say that Native Americans did not develop
electricity, nuclear power, or various types of metalworking does *not*
mean that they are dumb. And it doesn't make the person making the
statement racist.

This is basically just Yuri's need to cast nasturtiums at scholars, this
time archaeologists. He does the same thing with Biblical scholars in other
newsgroups.

Doug