Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_2_] SteveB[_2_] is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

"Dave Bugg" wrote in message
Jim Yanik wrote:
"SteveB" wrote in news:t2uu25-
:

I saw a clear full body picture of the Omaha shooter. Anyone who
had a concealed weapon and who could shoot decently could have
lessened the carnage. If you got a CCW, carry your weapon.

Steve

that mall was posted "NO guns".

Illegal to carry there,permit or not.

Don't do business with places that post "NO guns".

I do that. The last time was with an audio-video store from whom I had
purchased equipment to the tune of $11,000.00. I try to shop local and
would have saved about 900.00 if I had purchased online, but like to keep
my business in my community if possible. As we were beginning to load my
van, the owner happened to notice my waistband holster. He gently
mentioned that he doesn't allow guns on his property and would I please
not bring it onto the premises next time. I said, 'Fine. But since the
reason I made the purchase from you, and not the internet, was to take
advantage of local support and service face-to-face. you have just told me
not to come back. So please cancel the order. I'll get my stuff
elsewhere.'

The look on his face was priceless.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

If one is not to patronize a business, it is important to tell them. If I
get bad service or bad food, I make it a point to tell the manager/owner.
At times, they have made concessions to make it right and keep my business.
At other times, they at least know that I won't be back and why. It's not
sensible to just leave and not state your case.

Steve