Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen Dan Espen is offline

Default Dock on my swimming pool?

writes:

I live in the northeast (New Jersey) and have a 15 x 30 inground
swimming pool. Currently I have a vinyl pool cover that I will need to

Finally, I thought.... a DOCK!!! Something that floats on the surface
of the pool. It would have to be somewhat lightweight, and be
available in sections that I could store in the summer and simply
fasten together on top the rest of the year.

Has anyone thought of or tried anything this crazy? OR AM I JUST
INSANE? I'm sure that this would not be against code right? Having
essentially a large wood covered raft flaoting in my pool? I could
still be a pain to store though, but it would be safe, easy to clean
off and a really clever idea. Plus, the rocking of it might be
relaxing.

Tell me I am just crazy, tell me how brilliant I am, or give me some
other options.

Welcome to the joys of pool ownership.

Would a floating doc work?

It has to be 15x30, where are you going to store it?
To be light enough to move, you'd want to use stryofoam.
I'd think 15 5x6 sections,
That's a lot of sections.
I think the ice is going to have it's way with the stryofoam.
It won't last long.

There's no code, it just has to be fenced and not
a trap.

Get an electric pool cover pump.
You just leave the snow til it melts then
pump the water.
Don't intentionally go on the cover.