Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - Politics

Greg G. wrote:

J. Clarke said:

Greg G. wrote:

.... snip
No, you're creating additional wealth. Giving money to the producer
doesn't "redistribute it" except to the extent that the value of the
goods is greater than the cost.

Sure it does, it takes it from my account and deposits it into theirs.
They now have it, I no longer do. The difference between what it costs
to produce and market versus what the market will bear equates to
profit. Too many economics 101 victims in here.
I've heard the abstractions, I just don't agree with them.

It takes from your account and you receive in return a product. That is
not stealing from you, it is you engaging in a transaction.

What abstractions are you talking about? This isn't abstraction or even
Econ101 anymore, it's capitalism101.

The rest is economic double speak.
Point being that within a given span of time, there is a relatively
constant amount of currency in circulation and a constant value
associated with it.

You were complaining a bit earlier that its value is _not_ constant.

Notice the "within a given span of time" caveat. Of course it
fluctuates, unfortunately in a downward spiral these days.

What? Part of the problem is that there are more dollars out there such
that the value of those dollars is lower. i.e., it takes more dollars to
buy the same thing than several years ago.

So who did Bill Gates take it from?

Lots of disappointed customers?

Fair shot right between the goal posts. :-)

.... snip

You guys are too easy... ;-)

If you say so.