Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag Snag is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Doug Miller" wrote :

I wasn't arguing with you over the likelihood of an armed citizen
being able
to stop such an event. I'm just objecting to your egregiously,
absurdly false
claim that such dangers are confined to "the dangerous parts of our
most dangerous cities." Certainly they are more common there, but
manifestly they
are not *unique* there.

I didn't say they're confined there. I said that, except for such
dangerous places, it makes little sense statistically. And that's the
fact, too.

When we bought our modest home it was a nice , racially-mixed , middle
class , well-maintained neighborhood . Eighteen years later , we have crack
houses , prostitutes , gang bangers and violence .
I started carrying after the third time the gangs tried to whack me .
That's also when I stopped calling the cops . Economically speaking , it
would ruin me to leave . Seems property values have declined too .
BTW , the neighborhood perps all know I pack , all know I have well
trained dogs , and have seen some of my ridin' buddies . I get left alone
now ...
--

Snag aka OSG #1
'90 Ultra , "Strider"