Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Tools you didn't know you needed

Leon Fisk wrote:

I recently came across this from Ridged:

http://www.ridgid.com/seesnakemicro/

"The new RIDGID SeeSnake micro„¢ inspection camera allows you
to easily perform visual inspections in hard to reach areas.
Its lightweight, handheld design means that it can be
carried anywhere €“ providing solutions when and where you
need them, while allowing you to offer more services and
increase productivity."

It isn't really cheap, but it sure would have been handy for
fishing around inside walls and...

You would think they would have given it a bit more
resolution and the ability to take pictures. But then they
wouldn't be able to come out with an improved model I guess
a few months later.

I found it for sale on Fastenal's website, ~$280.

The Stanley Laser measures, TLM series (100, 200, 300) would
be really cool to have if I was still running conduit. It
seems like my one inch wide tape measure was never quite
long enough to reach what I wanted. See:

http://www.stanleytools.com/default....TNUMBER=77-910

It is suppose to have plus/minus 1/4 inch accuracy at 100
feet which isn't too shabby. Plenty good for running
conduit.

Too pricey to have around nowadays for occasional use.
Around ~$100 for the TLM100 version.

I have the TLM100, and it's worth every penny. I use it for cave
surveys. It also happens to be made in Austria (not China) with
technology licensed from Leica Geosystems.