Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default router recommendations? Screwfix Titan model?

George wrote:

Do go to the manufacturers when looking for the correct info.

http://tinyurl.com/36ovyc

I already did, and it confirms what I just said. However I thought you
might like an independent viewpoint, hence my link to Axminster.

If you look at trend's own rating he

http://www.trend-uk.com/en/UK/produc...sic+240V+.html

They quote the T5's rating as "Professional/Trade"

(You can't read much into the light and heavy classifications, since
they don't have a separate bracket for the mid sized designs. Everything
is either light or heavy).

If you kook at the T3, you will note the different rating of
"Hobbyist/Light Trade", look at the "heavy" T11, and you will see its
rating is "Professional/Trade" again - i.e. the same as the T5.

Still this is all rather academic. Since I own a T5, I know form
experience it will run continuously without any difficulty, and is
plenty powerful enough for the job. I have even cut a worktop with it
once. It coped surprisingly well for a 1/4" machine.

--
Cheers,

John.