Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

In article , "Joseph Meehan" wrote:
So far I have only seen a couple of claims that privately owned guns
(legal or illegal) have been successfully used to stop such a shooter. I
have seen a few claims to that effect, but they have been proven to be
premature and wrong.

Then you haven't been paying attention. Here are a couple examples:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalac...f_Law_shooting
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Woodham

Frankly since it appears the in most cases the guns were legally owned,
often by the shooter or a family member that it would appear that reduced
access to guns could well reduce shooting deaths.

I know a lot of people believe the situation would only get worse if
criminals were not deterred buy the fear that someone might have a gun; but
I am unconvinced. Criminals are not all that smart to begin with or they
would not be doing what they are doing.

"SteveB" wrote in message
I saw a clear full body picture of the Omaha shooter. Anyone who had a
concealed weapon and who could shoot decently could have lessened the
carnage. If you got a CCW, carry your weapon.

Steve

--
Regards,