Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_2_] SteveB[_2_] is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
In article ,
"Joseph Meehan" wrote:

I know a lot of people believe the situation would only get worse if
criminals were not deterred buy the fear that someone might have a gun;
but
I am unconvinced. Criminals are not all that smart to begin with or they
would not be doing what they are doing.

Both gun ownership and these kinds of incidents are rare enough,
that anyone telling you anything either way on the intersection is
blowing smoke.

You don't get out a lot, watch news, or read the papers do you? Although
only the MAJOR incidents are reported on the national news, there are lots
of random senseless shootings in Small Town USA every day. We moved from
Las Vegas to rural Utah. We thought we'd be away from the crime. There are
still violent crimes in Small Town, USA, and our major feed from Salt Lake
has killings and drive bys EVERY DAY. Mostly by someone named Lopez. or
Martinez or .............