Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_2_] SteveB[_2_] is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
So far I have only seen a couple of claims that privately owned guns
(legal or illegal) have been successfully used to stop such a shooter. I
have seen a few claims to that effect, but they have been proven to be
premature and wrong.

Frankly since it appears the in most cases the guns were legally owned,
often by the shooter or a family member that it would appear that reduced
access to guns could well reduce shooting deaths.

I know a lot of people believe the situation would only get worse if
criminals were not deterred buy the fear that someone might have a gun;
but I am unconvinced. Criminals are not all that smart to begin with or
they would not be doing what they are doing.

Still, if shooting breaks out, do you want your gun with you or at home? I
want mine right in my waistband. All 18 rounds.