Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] do_see@do.com is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

Joseph Meehan wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message
I saw a clear full body picture of the Omaha shooter. Anyone who had
a concealed weapon and who could shoot decently could have lessened
the carnage. If you got a CCW, carry your weapon.

Steve

So far I have only seen a couple of claims that privately owned guns
(legal or illegal) have been successfully used to stop such a shooter.
I have seen a few claims to that effect, but they have been proven to be
premature and wrong.

Frankly since it appears the in most cases the guns were legally
owned, often by the shooter or a family member that it would appear that
reduced access to guns could well reduce shooting deaths.

I know a lot of people believe the situation would only get worse if
criminals were not deterred buy the fear that someone might have a gun;
but I am unconvinced. Criminals are not all that smart to begin with or
they would not be doing what they are doing.

Well, and I know this sounds strange, but you are right about criminals.
They really don't think of the consequences because they can't imagine
they will get caught.
Once bullets start bouncing off of the walls around them, they are smart
enough to duck, giving victims a chance to get out of the line of fire.
Well, in theory I guess. It is still better than having to helplessly
stand there watching people die.