Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Hanging cabinets 24" OC studs

I believe in French cleats. Here is an explanation that is easier
than me trying:
http://www.showmehowtodothis.com/car...nch-cleat.html

fasten one to the wall, the other to the cabinet(s); add a piece
at the bottom to maintain the dimension - the bottom one does not
need to be a french cleat. The angle cut does not need to be 45,
I usually use 25.

You may need to use a piece of trim at the ends of the cabinet to
conceal.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Cubby" wrote in message
. ..
Hiya Folks,
I'm in the process of hanging cabinets in my laundry room. I've
discovered the studs are 24" OC (not real happy bout this) which
means there will be a couple of cabinets that only hit one stud.
As this is my first attempt at hanging cabinets, I was hoping a
few of you might have some advice for me. One, is this going to
be ok? I know that I'll be screwing the cabinets together at
the faces essentially creating one cabinet but this seems kind
of extreme to be hanging a cabinet on only one stud. Two,
would you recommend I remove some sheetrock, attach a 1x4 to the
studs and use that as my "nailer" (top and bottom)? This would
no doubt give me more strength but I'd rather avoid that if
possible. Anyway, thanks much for any advice you may have.
Cheers,
cc