Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default My review of Harbor Freight's 93977 Ratcheting Crimper

On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 17:18:48 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

snip
A ratchet also enables greater compound leverage, because you can use
several strokes to close the jaws.

All of the ratchet crimpers I've used/seen had some compound
leverage, but the ratchet part was simply there to force a
full cycle. I've seen and played with (at the store) the
ratchet pruners that use multiple strokes so I know what you
mean.

Production work for me was maybe 6 to 12 terminals at one
time to hook up something (remote control radio) to a
terminal strip/block. By the time you got a ratchet crimper
"dialed" in I would be all done

I've got this one listed on my "take a look at list" for the
next time I'm poking around at HF. Right along side those
Precision Screwdrivers just discussed.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b