Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Chandler Jim Chandler is offline

Default A couple of these on an ultralight for border patrol should doit.

Gunner wrote:

On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 20:16:18 GMT, Jim Chandler wrote:

GatherNoMoss wrote:

To have one of those gatlings....it'd make me happy.

Hell, I couldn't afford the AMMO for the thing. We had three General
Electric miniguns on the AC-47 "Spooky" gunships that I flew in Vietnam
and we carried 24,000 rounds of 7.62. 2,000 in each gun and 18,000
strapped to the floor for reloading. we could empty the airplane in a
matter of half an hour or less. Sure was effective though. :-)

Jhim

And I love you for your service..and saving my young ass more than
once.

Spooky is a Life Saver (mine) and a widow maker (theirs)

Gunner

I love telling the kids in school, I'm a substitute teacher, when they
ask me if I ever killed anybody, "Yes, three or four thousand" You can
almost hear their jaws thud on the floor. :-) I do it with such a
straight face and matter-of-fact manner. It was my pleasure to assist
our guys on the ground.
Jim