Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Solar Heating?

On 2007-12-10 12:34:01 +0000, David Hansen
said:

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 08:36:23 +0000 someone who may be Andy Hall
wrote this:-

They should be fairly easy to work out. One might be reducing one's
carbon footprint.

It might be, but that would be even more naive.

Excellent, more abuse. Do keep it up.

No abuse at all.

I simply said that reducing one's carbon footprint (a nonsense term to
begin with) via this method is naive.

That is simply a comment on a position not about any particular
individual or individuals.

It's something of a stretch to turn such a comment into an accusation
of abuse. Do you feel vulenerable about your position or something?

I wonder how many of the components are manufactured in China and how
many more coal fired power stations they opened to do the manufacturing.

The Chinese seem to be becoming the yellow peril again, at least as
far as some are concerned. All that shows is their lack of
knowledge.

I think that the Chinese are quite knowledgable. Certainly in using
the avarice of the West in terms of their trade arrangements while
ignoring issues that are of concern to some in the West is very clever
indeed. Alternatively, perhaps some in the West who like to speak
about green-ness out of one side of their mouth while buying cheap
goods from China out of the other are not as bright as it would appear.

The majority of vacuum tubes are built in China for many reasons,
one of which is that is where the vast majority are used.

Not very convincing.