Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Using my lathe today

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 05:36:30 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Harold and Susan Vordos" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
snip-----

P.S: Hey, 'Arry. I just realized that Chehalis, WA ain't too far a
piece from you. How did you survive the massive downpour? I'm hoping
you and Susan are alright since your screaming-fast Internet link is
still up.

We're fine, being high and dry----

but somewhat inconvenienced because it's
the Centralia/Chehalis area where we do our shopping and buy our building

Where will you shop now? It may be months/a year before they're back
in biz.

components. Our favorite Mex restaurant was flooded (again), as were almost
all of the new stores in our area. I pity those that were in the heart of
the thing. Some of these folks had little to lose, so it's a greater
hardship than we'll ever know. It's hard to understand how tragic such
events are unless you can view them personally----which we have done. We
were there when it was overflowing the freeway. Seeing those huge concrete
dividers (reputed to weigh 3 tons each) moved by water isn't something you
soon forget. Portions of I-5 were under 10' of water.

Here's a link to some pictures of the damage. Even a couple of the Mex
restaurant, Plaza Jalisco.

I saw that FedEx truck in another picture group online but didn't know
the restaurant was your favorite. Condolences.

Good luck in finding resuppliers in your area. They'll be inundated by
the rebuilders in the flooded zone.

How did Centralia/Chehalis come to be built on such low ground?

--
My future starts when I wake up every morning...
Every day I find something creative to do with my life.