Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheScullster TheScullster is offline

Default Toilet leaking from flush pipe

"dog-man" wrote

My toilet was leaking slightly from where the flush pipe goes into it
whenever we flushed the toilet.

I renewed the plastic bung that the pipe goes through and also the
pipe as it looked a little short to me.

It is still leaking!

There is only the pipe going through the plastic bung that fits into
the hole at the rear of the toilet. No washer or seal of any kind.

Should there be something else there to stop the leak?

I have had a similar experience.
There appear to be two "types" of seal - one is a slightly more rigid affair
with large sealing fins (this is the type I had leak) - the other is more of
a bung which fits far more snuggly both to the pipe and to the bore of the
flush pipe entry.
I have used the bung-type twice without problem.
As another poster has noted, there may be a ridge or similar in the bore of
the flush pipe entry which is allowing water to track past the seal you are
using.

HTH

Phil