Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Corner Cab - work in progress

"MB" wrote
I'm looking at the picture of the door frames. Based on the chalked
triangles, I assume the rails from each door were ripped from the same
piece. Is this to match the grain? Did you consider ripping the two
center rail from the same piece instead? The center rails are next to
each other where the grain match would be more apparent.

Sorry, I'm confused re "center rails" ... do you mean stiles? The outer face
frame stiles of each door was picked to match the grain of the face frame of
the actual cabinet, not the door. (watch that camera flash, it plays tricks
at an angle).

Stiles were aactually picked primarily for their straightness/flatness,
which in the case of doors can be more important that a strict grain match
.... nice if you can get it, but a secondary consideration when the wood
stash of stock milled in the same batch is getting low.

The whole
cabinet looks great BTW. What finish will you use?

Thanks ... "Mission Oak" stain (made for Rockler by the Lawrence-McFadden
Co, one of the best stains MFGR's around) and an amber shellac top coat,
purposely to match other pieces in the same room/suite of furniture.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/09/07