Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Awright, McGiver types

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 01:14:18 GMT, "Harold and Susan Vordos"
wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message
snip----

And then you get all the whining about outsourcing.

Duh.

Steve

Frankly, that's a very big part of what irritates the hell out of me. Many
workmen of today take no pride in what they do----and will gladly turn out
substandard work in favor of making a fast buck----yet they are mystified
that manufacturing jobs are leaving the country. The sad thing is that
many of them have been tutored by those that had no pride in what they did,
so they don't even understand they do lousy work.

Duh!, indeed.

There are still a few craftsmen at large. My youngish neighbor is
one. I purely love working with him, or having him do remodelling
work for me better and a whole lot quicker than I could do. I do
metal, he does wood, we he'p each other out every now and then.

BTW, the "shed roof that looked like a gate" is now in place, got
done the day before it started snowing here. First class work, as
always. That guy can do things freehand with a skilsaw that I'd need
a tablesaw to do. It really is fun to watch. He works quickly and
efficiently, but I think he is utterly incapable of doing a
half-assed job of anything. His "rough carpentry" fits better than
some cabinetwork we've all seen. He makes it look easy. We all know
it isn't.