Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Shergold Michael Shergold is offline

Default Solar Heating?

"Michael Shergold" wrote in message
Does anyone have good or bad experiences with any UK Solar Heating
suppliers/installers.. This is not really a DIY project but the total
house energy project is really DIY with, and often without, the help of
professionals. Any recommendations or people I should avoid?.
--
Michael in sunny Sussex

Many thanks for all the replies. Not exactly what I was hoping for but
quite a lot to think about and probably after this discussion I'll drop the
idea for now.. A persistent salesman has been trying to organise a survey
visit of my property but I have held him off until the new year now and
will probably find him far too expensive anyway. This house has limited
space where the cylinder is on the ground floor and access through to the
roof is far from easy.. What sits on the roof has also got to be wind and
salt resistant as I am about 50 metres from the sea, A neighbour's west
facing solar connector looks a wreck but it has been there for about 20
years, his east facing collector is not so bad. I wonder how efficient they
are now and would ask except he died last summer leaving an elderly widow.
Thanks anyway, for all the interest
Michael