Posted to alt.home.repair
Cshenk Cshenk is offline

Default looking for ideas- cheap and easy and legal insulation for basement walls.

"aemeijers" wrote

keep them from flapping around. But how to provide the code-required
firebreak, and also provide a path for any future leaks to drain down to
floor level? (I was going to hold the 'curtains' off the floor 3/4" or

just needs to be safe and legal, not pretty.

Its really hard to answer as we dont know the code specs for your area, but
i haqve an idea you could track down?

When they resided my house, there are these panels of 'blue stuff' which
also provide both insulation and extra firesafety as well as water barrier.
If they are legal for outside a house under vinyl, I can't see why they
wouldnt be inside unless the material causes major poison fumes if burning
so arent allowed inside.

They sure are easy and fast to put up and you can cut them if you need to so
as to get them down there. I do not recall how they were attached to the
exterior of the house, only that they went over a brick wall in someparts.