Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Heat Pump comments

On Sat, 8 Dec 2007 20:37:06 -0600, "Mike Dobony"
wrote:

I live in an area that rarely gets any lasting snow (lasting usually until
afternoon and occasionally a few days). I have a forced air furnace that is
ready to be replaced and I want to also upgrade to AC. Financially the heat
pump makes the most sense as it costs little more than AC and I don't have
to pay full price for a furnace then. I have heard comments both good and
bad about heat pumps. For those of you who have heat pumps, what is your
experience?

Mike D.

"86 to '89 I had a heat pump ( North Florida Panhandle ), not far from
the coastline. It seldom snowed, but was cold and did freeze now and
then. The warm Gulf breeze help too reduce serious freeze.

Never had a single problem with that system in three years.