t(nospam)kavanagh

Default Copper Casting In America (Trevelyan)

Tim Williams wrote:

"Yuri Kuchinsky" wrote in message
Hmm... I wonder. Is there anyone besides yourself who thinks
so?

Have you personally tried casting pure copper??? Any metal for that matter?

Well, I for for one, while I haven't tried to cast pure copper, I did
play around with melting pennies and tin from my dad's chemistry storage
to get a nice bronze Stafforshire Knot. I have cast silver (although,
per Inger, I don't know which Indian tribe mined it:-)). Indeed the
silver belt buckle and bracelet I am wearing at the present moment I
cast in tufa, ca. 1972.

Yes, I have cast metal. Have You?

tk