Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Corner Cab - work in progress

"Greg G." wrote

Unless you are requesting tempered glass, it quite easy to cut curves
in float glass. I know a guy who can freehand it. I can do it with
guidelines, and I _know_ you could too. Give him a template or the
frame and it should be no problem at all. Besides, curved glass looks
so much more eloquent when opeing the door.

I agree ... and it's so much easier to run a router with a bearing bit and
then square up the corners than trying to blind cut stopped dadoes.

Never stopped to think about why, but I have an aversion to working
with/handling glass ... simply don't want to touch the stuff, therefore the
complete ignorance on the subject.

Pretty much the same way about plumbing ... I can do anything in
construction, from foundations to roofing, but I won't even replace a faucet
washer without a gun to my head.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/09/07