Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Corner Cab - work in progress

On Dec 9, 4:21 pm, "Swingman" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote

What I was after (I didn't ask it clearly,) was, do you use points,
silicon, or small wood trim pieces to hold in the glass?

On square glass kitchen doors with a single pane and no muntins, I generally
use a rabbeted face frame (not dado, sorry) and silicon.

I have used silicon there also. One of the very few times I will tape
a silicon job.
But it's silicon..I don't think it belongs on furniture. Also, I
absolutely hate that **** and in the countertop business, I go through
a lot of it, even when scribing to the walls. (They're not straight,
you know....G)

For a piece of furniture, both judiciously applied silicon to stop the
rattle, and wood trim, attached with pins.

See? A question, an answer. I always forget I have that pinner. That
should do a great job in that application.
I'll make a bunch of small trim...cool. Problem solved.

I wish I knew, because I have the bottom doors glued up and drying and I'm
twiddling my thumbs as we speak.

When you have time, give Long Road Out Of Eden a listen. Took me 4-5
tries to have it work for me...but them Eagles are the epitomy of
slick.
I have always been a huge Eagles fan, but was leery to try this new
CD. I didn't not want to be disappointed.
Then I read a review in Rolling Stone magazine which had a line in it
which made me go buy it:
====
Walsh's "Last Good Time in Town" is a wry cantina-swing sequel to
"Life in the Fast Lane" -- staying home apparently is the new going
out -- and he cuts through the salsa-lounge grooming with James Gang-
era guitar. Seven minutes, though, is a long time to sing about doing
****-all.
====
LOL.
As a guy who has worked both sides of the glass in the studio, you'll
appreciate the art. Can there be a recording that is 'too well done?"