Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
BobH BobH is offline

Default SPAM flood

Louis Ohland wrote:
http://netreport.virginmedia.com and

Assuming they haven't diddled the headers...

I think they are sending from cracked machines. Over in
sci.engr.joining.welding and comp.robotics.misc this has been going on
for a while. They send a mess of messages from one site and then
another. It has floated around from a few US ISP's, a university in
Italy, a couple of northern European universities that I have forgotten
the specifics of...

Some of the header information is obviously garbage in the messages but
several of the header fields get stuck on by the outgoing nntp server
and are probably correct, at least for whatever ISP the cracked machine
is living on.

BobH