Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default A couple of these on an ultralight for border patrol should do it.

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 16:01:58 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, "The
Davenport's" quickly quoth:

To have one of those gatlings....it'd make me happy.

Hell, I couldn't afford the AMMO for the thing. We had three General
Electric miniguns on the AC-47 "Spooky" gunships that I flew in Vietnam
and we carried 24,000 rounds of 7.62. 2,000 in each gun and 18,000
strapped to the floor for reloading. we could empty the airplane in a
matter of half an hour or less. Sure was effective though. :-)

Jhim

Do you mean the AC-130 Spectre?

The AC-130 Spectre was deployed in 1972 and the AC-130 Spooky was deployed
in 1995.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/ac-130.htm

And I can find no mention of an AC-47....closest thing is a H-47 Chinook.

I thought the C-130s were nicknamed "Puff", as in Puff the Magic
Dragon, but that was the AC-47/DC-3.
http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-...pooky-puff.htm

Dad flew C-123s over Nam in '66, dropping crates of chickens/pigs, and
cows from 1,000 feet on parachutes. It took several airmen to dump the
cow out of the aircraft. They were intended as stock for raising food
animals but most ended up slaughtered the minute they hit the ground.

--
My future starts when I wake up every morning...
Every day I find something creative to do with my life.