Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Corner Cab - work in progress

Greg G. wrote:
Swingman said:

Folks, you don't really appreciate the amount of woodworking, and
design, talent on the wRec until you've seen some of it in person!

The pictures are bad enough. ;-)
I'm certain that if I saw the better pieces in person, I'd just give
it up. It makes one's own humble attempts look the trash they are
in
reality. Probably why Norm is so popular. It doesn't take a whole
lot
of effort and talent to best his public works. Besides, it doesn't
have to be "perfect" to be functional. Of course, as a relative
newbie, I'm speaking for myself here...

But if all that's not bad enough, witness some of the hand carved
pieces they produce in Asia - where they make their own tools from
old
scrap metal and motorcycle spokes, and carve barefooted and
freehand.
http://www.thenewchinkyworkshop.com/...inthailand.htm

I'm going to go flush my head now.

My mother had a chest similar to the coffee table that the carver was
sitting on. Don't know what happened to it--when she died it wasn't
there in her apartment. Probably just as well, it really needed to be
knocked down and reglued (dovetails at all the corners by the way) and
I just know I'd have managed to bust the crap out of it knocking it
down. She bought it in Shanghai IIRC.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)