Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Corner Cab - work in progress

"Swingman" wrote in message
"Robatoy" wrote

Looks great!. How are you planning to mount the glass in the doors?

The usual dado'ed face frame ... they're pretty small, glass will be
roughly
7 7/8 x 28.

Still haven't decided upon muntins, or no. Made the wood panel doors
yesterday, and will probably start cogitating/consulting on the glass ones
today.

But ... after Saturday, there are now further, humbling, complications ...
dammit!

Spent the afternoon at an 'open house' in the beautiful home one of Leon's
woodworking clients, a house that turns out to be a veritable museum for
his
work, one or two pieces in _every_ room, including the bath.

Man, there is some gorgeous work there and plenty of it, including two
corner cabinets, count'em TWO, that make me think I should just start
over.

To say that Leon's furniture work is impressive is the mother of
understatements ... makes you want to go serve an apprenticeship somewhere
and learn how to really do this stuff. Upshot is that I've now going to be
asking myself, "Hmmm ... what would Leon do here?" for the next decade or
two.

Folks, you don't really appreciate the amount of woodworking, and design,
talent on the wRec until you've seen some of it in person!

Well, sitting here with a red face, Thank you Swingman, but as usual your
talent for eloquently describing things to sound magnificent has caused a
problem with my head, as it has swollen such that I cannot get though the
door way.
I give all credit to our great long time friends that hosted the party and
the excellent choice of music playing in the back ground by the great Linda
Lowe.

With that in mind, Swingman being a very good friend is no slouch himself at
being able to turn wood into beauty as proven by the many pieces that he has
posted on his web site. There are numerous pieces in his home that beg to
be touched every time I visit. Furniture can easily look nice but how often
dies it call out to be touched? In particular a small walnut entryway table
that IIRC resides under a picture of himself dressed up in his "Horse Riding
Costume" riding his pony 15 or 20 years ago. ;~) The piece is simply
elegant. From there you move further inside his home to the much larger
desks, tables, hutches, cabinets, and those 7 chairs which are eye candy to
any woodworkers eyes. I would be proud and honored to have any piece of his
work in my home. EXCEPT for a copy of a piece that I made which apparently
was a bit too complicated for him to duplicate. Sometimes card holders with
kick stands can be complicated with confusing angles. ;~) Please ask
Swingman to repost the picture of THAT one. LOL