Posted to alt.construction,rec.woodworking
Kate[_2_] Kate[_2_] is offline

Default Which has the better cordless 18v. drill: Bosch or Hitachi?

I just bought my hubby a 1/2" Ridgid. It came with two batteries and the
charger and it's a torquie lil thing.
Lifetime warranty too, which is one of the reasons I chose it. The other
reason is that hubs is getting a little arthritus in his front paws and I
hoped the lighter one would put less srain on him.
For me it was a choice between the Milwaulkee and the Ridgid. The Milwaulkee
has a bigger battery.

I have a number of Ridgid tools and all have been very reliable. So far
(knock on wood) have never had a problem with any of them.
The one drawback I have read in the reviews is that if it is under heavy,
constant use that the batteries only last about 30 minutes. If it's for just
around the house or in a workshop I think it would be one to consider along
with the Milwaulkee. The Milwaulkee has a bigger battery. Takes longer to
charge and discharge. I have a little Milwaulkee screw gun that I have used
the hell out of over the last (guessing) ten years and it has just been a
little workhorse. They are definitely top notch tools.

Kate