Posted to rec.woodworking
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default Hitachi C10FL Tablesaw, Any Good?

If that's the one in "Tools and Shops 2008" it strikes me as falling
far short of being "excellent".

I did pick up a copy of Tools and Shops ($10 for a magazine! Ouch). I agree
it wasn't all that informative from a review standpoint, but it did let me
know what saws were available, what features I should be looking at, and
some of the pro's and con's of each saw.

Based on the article, the lack of accessories or parts, and the minimal
user feedback, I decided against the Hitachi saw.

The Tools and Shops article rated the Woodtek as the best buy, but two
things turn me away from that saw. First, it's a brand I've never heard of,
and is probably similar to the Hitachi for getting parts and accessories.
And second, I don't know that I want an electronic display on a power tool.
It may just be me, but a dusty environment with vibration and whatnot
doesn't seem like a reliable place to stick an electronic control. I'd fear
it failing in a few years and costing a small fortune to replace if it was
even still available.

Based on price, availability, and options for parts and accessories, the
Jet ProSaw's are kind of high on my wish list right now. I've read several
positive reviews, and the saw is available from a number of sources.

Although, the Craftsman still interests me a little too. I'll have to check
them out the next time I run to Sears.

As I mentioned in my intial post, I wasn't really looking for a new saw,
the Hitachi at Lowes just caught my attention. So I may end up getting
nothing and just make do with my current saw a few more years.

Thanks,

Anthony