Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul Paul is offline

Default Clausing 5914 Questions

Joseph Gwinn wrote:

The L00 chuck has a MT4.5 (four and one half!) taper, so be
aware of that if setting it up for 5C collets. Clausing (Royal also)
sells the adapter and some Chinese/Taiwan lathes also did this (my 10
x 24 TIDA for instance).

Hmm. What looked like 5C collets may not be? This is good to know.
I'll check into this when I get the lathe home.

Part of the 5C collet setup is a MT4-1/2 by 5C bushing, and an aluminum
nose that goes behind it on the L-00 taper. Make sure those came with
the machine, and in use put the cap on FIRST, before the adapter
bushing. The cap is what allows you to easily remove the bushing.

Regards
Paul

It's a Linux world....well, it oughta be.