Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Vaughn Simon Vaughn Simon is offline

Default New ISP to read RCM?

"Bill Schwab" wrote in message

As for usenet, I really dislike the ever more popular web forums. I find them
clumsy and slow by comparison to even a marginal news server.

Perhaps more importantly, there is no overall organization of web forums (as
we have here on Usenet) so there could be hundreds of very similar forums with
few participants on any of them having any knowledge of the others. This leads
to a crazy proliferation of forums, each with only a few regular participants.
Further, there is no organized archiving of web forums.

Regardless of what you and I think, the average Internet user has no idea
what the Usenet is, and thinks that Google Groups is just another provider of
Internet forums. AOL has already turned off its news servers with no obvious
ill effects. How long before other ISPs follow suit?

Vaughn