Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Schwab Bill Schwab is offline

Default New ISP to read RCM?

Vaughn Simon wrote:
"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
Which ones are decent? I'm not looking for fancy, just simple and
reliable.

ATT.net still has good dial-up coverage and a very good news server, which is
why I keep my account even though I have DSL at home. Let's face it, both
Usenet and dial-up are old technology and will eventually be history. It is
just a matter of time.

You are probably right, but I hope not. I no longer regularly use
dialup, but it has its uses. My DSL account gives me something like 10
hrs/month of dialup time, which they provide as a low-cost (to them)
perk for use on the road.

As for usenet, I really dislike the ever more popular web forums. I
find them clumsy and slow by comparison to even a marginal news server.

Bill