Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek Geldard Derek Geldard is offline

Default Who can recommend a low-cost industrial endoscope for motor vehicle work?

On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 17:22:35 +0000, MM wrote:

The lowest price I've seen is around £250, which is rather a lot to
discover what is causing the irritating rattle (loose object; maybe a
biro pen) that is coming from underneath the dashboard on my Fiat
Punto. It's somewhere between the underside of the dash and the
heating ducts. I've tried peering up from underneath the dash, but
it's in some kind of void. (Removing a Punto dashboard is a MAJOR
task.)

The endoscope shaft has to be of small diameter, not the 8mm as used
to inspect cavity walls.

If not to buy, then to hire maybe?

Can't exactly help you with that except to observe that most rattles
I've had to address involved leaves drawn in and eventually becoming
dessicated, ending up behind heater vents on the dashboard.

DG