Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default OT - Politics

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message

I'm not sure that banning PACs would be a good thing. They're
similar in nature to a labor union--collective bargaining for the
voters.

Correct in theory, but don't most of them still get their power from
money? The question is, where does the money come from? I know the
early PACs were to counteract big business and their lobby, but not
all have maintained the original positions. Of course, anything
having to do with politics will be corrupted at some point.

I know that NRA/ILA has been reasonably effective in getting the
Congress to vote the way I want them to.

Yeah, PACs get their power from money but that money can come from a
million people contributing ten bucks as easily as from Microsoft
contributing 10 million.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)