Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default illuminated magnifiier

On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 17:43:23 -0500, tiredofspam nospam.nospam.com wrote:

I have the Wizard bifocals.
I wear them all the time in the shop.
But I am not seeing the line clearly with the 1.5's when scrolling.

I don't scroll often, but I don't mind picking up a magnifying lamp.

This won't sound like it, but it's a serious reply..
mark your lines darker..
It works for me, anyway, along with lots of light focused on the line..
My gut feeling is that since you wear reading glasses in the shop, you might not
like added magnification with the light..
You might try a focused LED work light and a pair of 1.75 or 2.0 reading glasses
from Wal-Mart instead..

Smaug Ichorfang wrote:
"Kate" wrote in
:

.
Ya know......
you might consider an optivisor instead of a magnifying lamp.
Used to use those all the time in the jewelery shop.

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=4227

I've used these before. Because of the design, they limit peripheral
vision, and this might not be a good thiing. They're awfully expensive
too. The "headband" part is ordered seperatly from the lenses.

Here's another idea: http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyID=20140
bi-focal magnifying safety glasses

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing